An Effortless & Simple post-installation script for Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Elementary, Debian and their derivatives.
This script is built for one purpose only. Automating post installation tasks on a fresh Ubuntu/Debian installation.
Step 1: Get the script and verify its integrity¶
wget https://github.com/tprasadtp/ubuntu-post-install/releases/latest/download/after-effects -O after-effects wget https://github.com/tprasadtp/ubuntu-post-install/releases/latest/download/sha256sums.txt -O sha256sums.txt sha256sum -c sha256sums.txt --strict
Step 2: Update the config¶
Step 3: Run it¶
Run the script as root.
chmod +x after-effects sudo ./after-effects -c <your config.yml>
See in Action¶
I have not tested the script on following distros. Because they use ubuntu as their base, It should work fine. But no promises.
Please check Supported-Distros for complete list of supported distributions.
- Adding Repositories (Limited set of curated repositories only)
- Installing packages from system repositories
- Installing statically linked binaries
- Remove Preinstalled packages
- Install PIP packages. (You should use
virtualenvfor your projects, ONLY install pip packages which are absolutely essential.)
- Add PPAs (Ubuntu & Ubuntu derivatives only)
- Debian (.deb) packages
- Snap packages